"Happy girls are the prettiest" - Audrey Hepburn

"Fashion is not about utility. An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity." - The Devil Wears Prada

Kebaya Goes to Holland



Srikandi 21 on Kebaya dress goes to Holland.


Make-up & Hairstyle: Leah Saklidudenov
Kebaya: Rubaiah (RIP)
Corset: Ria Ni Wayan
Sarong: Islamiyah

Questions and comments from Indonesia until Holland:
Honey Dahlia: Do you wear Kebaya to Europe?
Me: Yes I do.
Additional info: From Jimbaran, Bali until Gilze, Noord-Brabant.

Female Flight Attendant from Bali to KL: Nice dress. Is it a new style for the sarong. It's short.
Me: I make it like this to have a modern touch.
Additional info: The long and the neat one is too formal for me especially for this trip. This one is better to make it a bit casual.

Two tumbs up from airport officer in KL

Female Flight Attendant from KL to A'dam: Beautiful dress. Did you just change your clothes? (one hour before landing)
Me: No, I've been wearing it since from Indonesia.

Male Flight Attendant: Are you not cold wearing it? (Going out from the plane).
Me: No, it's very warm.
Additional info: The sarong covered my body twice while inside the kebaya, there was a corset. Maybe because of them, I felt warm during my flight. It means do not be afraid to wear it even in winter. hehehe...

Edgar En Herlina Van Waardenburg: The skirt suits well with the kebaya.
Me: Well, It's not a skirt. It's a sarong.
Additional info: Since I was little till now I rarely wear skirt for Kebaya dress. The reason is simple: My mom didn't teach me to wear skirt for Kebaya even she knew that skirt is nicer and not complicated. Well, she always helped me how to wear sarong properly in the past. hehehe...

Indonesian who lives in Denver: Is there any occasion you're wearing Kebaya?
Me: No, I want to make Kebaya for any occasion. We only wear kebaya for wedding party or other formal occasion. I think the paradigm for Kebaya is changed nowadays. My grandma wore kebaya everyday. So, wearing it even not for a particular occasion should be not a lux thing anymore.
He replied: True. My mother wore Kebaya daily too.

Tante Yvonne: Beautiful dress.
Me: Thank you. It's called Kebaya. It's old. Belong to my granny.
Tante Yvonne replied: It doesn't look old at all. How can I wash it? With warm or cold water?

No comments:

Post a Comment